Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Back In The Saddle

I'd say that over a month of not posting a new entry to my blog is a little excessive.  Things in the Noelle world have been a little topsy-turvy to say the least.  I have a lot to say, but I think for now a list of updates is all I can muster.  I have to ease myself back into this.  It's like exercising, I think.  You can't just go balls to the wall your first day out.  So here's the scoop, in case you were wondering what the hell happened to me.
  • I'm living in Orlando now.  Longwood, actually.  Longwood is NOT Orlando, as I've been told, but for all intents and purposes, it's close enough.
  • I've started sending out my resume and looking for a job again.  I still will be going to school, but I need cash flow and I'm going bonkers with nothing to do over the summer.  Liquidity AND purpose will make me a happy girl.
  • After a lot of soul searching and reflection, I'm converting to Catholicism.  I may have mentioned this in a previous post, but I went to my local parish and signed up for the classes I have to take before I can be baptized, confirmed and receive my first communion on Easter Vigil (the Saturday before Easter Sunday) next year.  Classes start in September, and are every Sunday after Mass and every Monday night at 7:00.  Prince Charming is my sponsor, and I've asked his mother to be my Godmother.  I can say without reservation that the decision to become Catholic is not at all influenced by him or his family.  I've been searching for, groping for, wishing for something right for a long time.  After attending Mass a few times, I felt deep down in my bones that I've finally found what's right for me.
  • If you know me, you'll know that for a very, very long time I've said that in order for me to run, someone would have to be chasing me.  Not to be a hypocrite, but I've changed my tune.  One of my friends has taken up running, and she blogs about it frequently.  She's inspired me to give it a try.  A real try, not just go out once and then give up.  If I can get into it, which I think I can, I'm going to start training for a triathlon.  I know that sounds incredibly crazy coming from me, but I need to get myself in shape before I hit the big 3-0 in a few months.  Obviously I won't be ready to throw down by then, but I'll at least have some tone and look good in pictures.  Vanity drives a girl to do things differently, ya know.
  • My very favorite artist, Matt Nathanson, has a new album coming out on June 21 called Modern Love.  I own ALL his other stuff and it's awesome.  I'll be buying the new stuff on iTunes the day it comes out.  It might seem like a strange thing to be so excited about, but this album has been a long time in the making.  I follow him on Twitter, and I've been charting the progress of Modern Love for a while.  If you're into Indie rock, you should definitely check him out here.
  • I've deleted my Facebook account.  If you're dying to find out what I'm up to, you'll have to come here or follow me on Twitter.  I'm pretty obsessed with Twitter and also with FourSquare.  Thank you iPhone, for turning me into a freak.  Okay, I was already a freak...
  • The Casey Anthony trial started today.  If you aren't familiar with it, just do a little Googling.  I'm obsessed with it.  I'd LOVE to be a paralegal working on that case.  Prosecution or defense, I wouldn't care.  It's super juicy.
So that's the latest in my world.  I hope you haven't all tuned out completely.  All seven or eight of you, that is!  If you're the praying sort, please say a little one for me on my job search.  If not, could you think positive thoughts for me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment